Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: The Wrath and the Dawn

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, where we get to showcase upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating!
This week I am anticipating...
The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1)
Author: Renee Ahdieh
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
 
Synopsis via Goodreads:
A sumptuous and epically told love story inspired by A Thousand and One Nights

Every dawn brings horror to a different family in a land ruled by a killer. Khalid, the eighteen-year-old Caliph of Khorasan, takes a new bride each night only to have her executed at sunrise. So it is a suspicious surprise when sixteen-year-old Shahrzad volunteers to marry Khalid. But she does so with a clever plan to stay alive and exact revenge on the Caliph for the murder of her best friend and countless other girls. Shazi's wit and will, indeed, get her through to the dawn that no others have seen, but with a catch . . . she’s falling in love with the very boy who killed her dearest friend.

She discovers that the murderous boy-king is not all that he seems and neither are the deaths of so many girls. Shazi is determined to uncover the reason for the murders and to break the cycle once and for all.
 
COMING MAY 12th 2015
 
I have seen this on many bloggers WOW's the last couple weeks and the moment I read the synopsis I was hooked and I knew I had to showcase it too. Royalty, dangerous love, murders, and secrets, this sounds absolutely amazing!
 

5 comments:

  1. This is one that I want so bad, you're right, it does sound amazing! I hope both of us get a copy of it soon.
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is very popular this week. I so like the synopsis for this one. I need to have this one. Great choice.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gahh, I've been wanting to read this book for FOREVER!! Nice pick :)

    Rachel @ APCB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this one quite a bit lately. Hope its a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesssssssssss oh my GAWD. EVERYONE seems to have this and I'm just like *puppy dog eyes*

    ReplyDelete